The digital world is a potentially dangerous environment, read here about Cybersecurity for the beginner
Achieve Cyber Essentials Plus Certification
Cyber Essentials Plus is a more advanced government backed certificate. This can be achieved following the Cyber Essentials accreditation. It involves a more detailed audit and is more difficult to achieve.
We are Cyber Essentials Plus Certification Advisors. Book a free consultation call today to discover how we can help you achieve your desired certification.
Speak to us today, call our Head Office:
It is likely that you will have seen both ‘Cybersecurity’ and ‘Cyber Security’ written down, so which is it?
The number of cyber-attacks is increasing. Online activity has increased dramatically, creating the ideal environment for cyber-attacks!
Cyber Security is one of the biggest features of the business industry in the 21st-century – certification and accreditation is a must have for all businesses.
Cyber Essentials certification assists you in protecting your company from hackers and costly mistakes that can damage your reputation.
It is not a question of “if” or “when” your firm will be hacked, but how enterprises can respond to and manage the cyberthreats while they are being attacked.
Are you looking for Cyber Essentials Plus Application Help and Support?
If you are interested in becoming Cyber Essentials Plus certified, or would like to talk to one of our expert consultants simply click the following button to arrange a call back request. In a hurry, call head office today on 01628 56 52 56 and don’t forget to mention our fast track support service.
What Is Cyber Essentials Plus?
CE is a scheme backed by the Government that aims to highlight common issues and assist enterprises that allow them to go under the radar. The program does this by showcasing the things that the majority of companies don’t know are threatening and offering simple-yet-effective solutions.
A Cyber Essentials Plus qualification involves raising awareness of the protections you require to thwart threats. These include common issues, as well as more advanced problems. As a result, a certified accreditor must perform a technical verification to ensure you meet the required standards.
A Cyber Essentials Plus course includes:
- Info on the Government’s ten steps to cybersecurity. You have to prove that your company’s procedures are in line with the steps.
- A systems test.
- A self-assessment by a certified body.
Costs – external audit £1600
If you are interested in becoming Cyber Essentials Certified, or have any questions relating to the service, costs or anything else, please contact us using the button below.
Cyber Essentials Plus Information
Cyber Security is undertaken by performing a risk assessment via a full audit with one of specialists
There are three main areas for this assessment:
Being the victim of a cyber-attack can result from weaknesses in any one of these three areas.
A cyber-attack is very serious for any organisation as it may well result in:
- Fines from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- Potential class action from customers of any personal data lost
- A loss in brand prestige due to the adverse publicity and potential loss of business
- Data Protection & GDPR Advice
- Data Protection & GDPR Audits
- Cyber Security Audits & Advice
- Data Breach Management
- Subject Access Request Management Information Management Consultancy Cyber Essentials Accreditation
- ISO 27001 Accreditation
- Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation
- Data Protection Officer (DPO) as a Service
- Data Protection and Cyber Security Training & Awareness – all staff levels
For a thorough insight into the impact of a cyber attack o your business and how you can prevent it please contact our certified advisory team on 01628 56 52 56.
Whether you prefer the standard certification of the Cyber Essentials Plus qualification, your company will be tested against the same five basic security controls. They are:
- Secure Configuration
- Boundary Firewalls & Internet Gateways
- Access Control & Administrative Privilege Management
- Patch Management
- Malware Protection
The difference between the certification and accreditation process for Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus is that the former evaluates the five controls via a technical audit. For a standard Cyber Essential qualification, you only need the information you provide to be verified by an assessor.
The proof required for either program is based on the size of the business. Therefore, the evidence is relative, meaning each application is taken on a case-by-case basis. There is no one-size-fits-all policy.
Here’s what you can expect during the application process.
- A briefing: We’ll walk you through the foundation of the scheme and highlight things such as the length of the course and the required details.
- An application form: In it, you’ll see how you need to provide the necessary proof to support your application.
- The assessment: Once you have completed the form and sent it to us, we’ll review the information and inform you whether you have been successful.
- The interview: The last part of the process is for the service owner to attend an interview.
- Certification: Congratulations – you’re Cyber Essentials qualified!
We always offer feedback on failed applications so that you can assess your weak spots and provide the evidence required to secure your certificate.
There are a plethora of benefits included in your qualification. Firstly, the basic certificate is a legal requirement for UK government suppliers or anyone bidding for the contracts. Without it, you can’t show that you’re able to handle sensitive and personal information securely, and you’ll be rejected.
Also, the Cyber Essentials certification includes liability insurance for certified businesses. For £300 plus VAT, you receive peace of mind that you’re covered for anything cybersecurity-related.
You must be certified and have a turnover of £20m or less per year.
All of the above may sound complicated, but they are basic security problems that are easy to fix. At JVR Consultancy, we can empower you to take your company’s safety to the next level by assessing and certifying you as Cyber Essentials qualified.
As one of only 42 organisations in the UK to be accredited by the IASME Consortium in partnership with the National Cyber Security Centre, we can assess your application and certify you as Cyber Essentials ready. Plus, we offer vital advice that will boost your chances of succeeding in the first attempt.
Cyber Essentials is backed by the government, which is why it’s essential to contact us as soon as possible for a free analysis on your current systems and a road map on how best for you to progress. As one of few consultancies in the UK to be accredited by the IASME Consortium in partnership with the National Cyber Security Centre, we can assess your application and certify
For your free Cyber check get in touch with us today.
Being compliant to Cyber Essentials has been shown to significantly reduce the likelihood and severity of a data breach. The presence of cyber insurance will provide vital incident response services and cover your costs in your hour of need.
What is covered by the Insurance:
- Liability: claims made against you arising out of media activities and privacy and security wrongful acts.
- Event Management: costs, including emergency costs, following a data breach, including the costs of notifying data subjects. These might typically include payment for Legal, IT, Forensic & PR specialists.
- Extortion Demands: ransoms and other cyber extortion.
- Regulatory Investigations: defence costs & regulatory fines (where insurable by law).
- Business Interruption: Loss of profit and / or operational expenses caused by a network compromise.
Loss of Electronic Data: costs of remedying the issue that allowed the loss or damage to your data and costs to replace, restore or update your data.
[To the limit of the policy liability]
Who is the insurer?
The insurance is provided by AXA XL, a division of AXA. In the event of a claim they will appoint their specialist consultants to assist and advise you and your IT team.
More reasons to choose JVR Consultancy for Compliance & Risk Management