Develop Management Systems
We can assist companies to establish, implement and maintain management systems that that are compliant to ISO9001:2015 Quality, ISO14001:2015 Environment and ISO45001:2018 Management System Standards. Whilst there may be no business driver for external certification of the systems by a UKAS accredited certification body, companies are recommended to have systems that are inline with the standards as this provides assurance that the company is compliant. When tendering for work the vast majority of buyers will accept that the system is inline with, rather than certified to, the ISO standards. When companies have more than 20 employees or work in vey high risk areas, external certification starts to provide real value.
The system is an integrated system covering health, safety, environment, human resources. Many companies, particularly smaller companies tend to overlook a need for HR procedures but this system includes this.
The management system is designed to meet a number of needs for companies not just for a singular Audit need. Companies having this system have been audited and accepted /awarded:
- Achilles Link-Up
- Achilles UVDB
- Achilles Building Confidence
- Construction On Line
- Safety Contractor
The system can be further enhanced with modules for:
- FORS – Fleet Recognition Scheme
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- Rail Medicals
- NSAR – Training
Write and Implement Policies
For almost all applications / audits as well as legal reasons, certain policies are always required which we always prepare. Where a request is made for a policy that is not within our library then we will research and prepare one. In all cases we give advice on the needs and actions a policy may demand. It may be as simple as signing, displaying and briefing to all staff or it may involve preparing additional procedures, forms or processes. When undertaking the research all of this is looked into and advice given of what impact implementing such policy may involve.
Companies are required to hold a large number of policies including, but not limited to:
- Quality Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Alcohol and Drugs Policy
- Anti Corruption, Bribery, Fraud and Anti-Competitive Practices Policy
- Corporate Responsibility, Ethics & Sustainability Policy
- Right to Work in UK Policy
- Equality, Inclusion and Diversity Policy
- Security Policy
- Timber Policy
- Work Safe Policy
- Working Time and Fatigue Management Policy
- Information Security Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Modern Slavery Policy
- Tax Evasion Policy
- Human Resource and Employment Policies
We can assist in the production and implementation of these policies, including training on their requirements.
Management Systems are made up of 9 core process procedures:
- Risk Assessment and Planning – looking at business threats and opportunities, and how to reduce risks and maximise opportunity.
- Information Management – Identification of legal and other requirements, and the management of documents and records.
- Business Continuity – identifying potential business interruption events, minimising the risk of them happening, planning responses for them if they arise, testing and reviewing plans.
- Human Resources – management of people including organisational structure, role profiles, recruitment & selection, induction, training, performance monitoring.
- Infrastructure – management of premises, plant, equipment and vehicles, including PPE.
- Outsourcing – management of suppliers & subcontractors, purchasing and goods / service receipt.
- Service Delivery – enquiry handling, customer communications, job planning, service delivery, change management, post-delivery activities.
- Performance Monitoring – management of supervision, inspection, internal audit, compliance evaluation and management review.
- Improvement – Identification of opportunities for improvement proactively through looking at strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT, which links to Process No.1), and reactively through control of non-conformity including for management of complaints, audit negative findings and incident findings.
We work with clients to review their existing processes, to identify areas of improvement and assist in their delivery. We can either provide a full managed service or a mentored service supporting internal staff through training and supervision to meet requirements.
Before any audit we make sure you are fully geared up for it. Checks are made to ensure you have signed all key documents, spreadsheets are completed, and other evidence is gathered. If it is a “first” audit then in many cases it is deemed an “Empty system” meaning the auditor will concentrate more in checking you have all the right policies and procedures. For recertification audits, then the auditor will be looking for evidence that you are following procedures, that you are monitoring processes and collating Key Performance data as well as holding a Board meeting to review the data and setting about continuous improvement. Before any audit, we run a MS Teams meeting with you where we act as an auditor and will go through the whole process to check you are ready and to help you be able to know how to answer each question.
Provide advice on company qualifications, certifications and accreditations
Many audits require companies to train their staff to hold certain qualifications. There are many qualifications that can be listed but we only advise on what is mandatory along with what may be useful. Our knowledge of industries and the requirements will steer you in the right direction rather than you paying out for unnecessary courses and putting staff through unnecessary pain!
We have extensive experience in providing support to achieve various company qualifications, certifications and accreditations including but not limited to:
- ISO9001:2015 Quality, ISO14001:2015 Environment and ISO45001:2018 Health & Safety
- Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) eg CHAS, SafeContractor, Acclaim etc
- Construction Sector Common Assessment Standard (CAS PAS91) Schemes Constructionline, Achilles
- Building Confidence, CHAS+
- RISQS (Rail) – Registration & Core, CDM, Sentinel & Safe Working Planning Audit
- Achilles UVDB (Utilities) – – Registration & Verify Audit
- ACS SIA Approved Security Contractor Scheme
- and other sector specific schemes.
Gap Analysis & Audit Readiness
We can provide gap analyses on the above standards to determine the company’s readiness for the certification audit. This will review existing policies and procedures and provide a legal compliance evaluation to identify required areas for improvement.
When interviewing you, our first aim is to understand the scope of the work you do. We will then look at what (If any) certification you hold and what policies and procedures you already may have in place. Where necessary, we can put a full management system in place for you. Alternatively, we do not want to re-invent the wheel so if you have a good system in place already, then we will look at that and may suggest just enhancing it.
We will look at the size of your company in order to identify the type of assistance you may require. We have and continue to help small 1 person companies to large organisations where (As in one example) they had over 350 employees that held rail sentinel cards.
If you have never worked on the railway before then we can advise on all the steps involved along with how to look for work.
We are here to help and advise. Whether it be for implementing a new process such as random drug & alcohol testing, training a management team how to monitor key health & safety performance, to advise a Board of the benefits of branching into an industry such as rail ot to expand and seek additional qualifications / awards such as ISO certification.
We can provide a range of other business consultation services including:
- Production of Construction Phase Plans, Quality Plans, Environment Plans, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Production of Environmental Aspects & Impact Register
- Production of Legal Requirements Registers for each of the four UK countries and Republic of Ireland
- Bid Writing Services
- Internal Training on a variety of HSQE Issues
- Incident Investigation
- Site & Premises Audits
- Appointed competent HSQE Advisor Service Level Agreements
Frequently Asked Questions from our Customers
Yes we can, we can assist you with any of the accreditation featured on our website. We have a 100% record of securing any of the accreditation in the first audit for all our customers for the last 13 years.
More to the point, I ask clients how quickly can you start. We can have a consultant working on your accreditation within the hour if you are ready. The only things that take time are the audit dates, these are issued to the client by the certification body so it is out of our control.
This depends on how much the client has in place already. The more they have, the easier it becomes to work on their accreditation. The gap analysis that we carry out is free of charge and afterwards will give you an exact fixed price.
The fixed price will include the following –
- Carry out all the work ( creating documents & processes tailored to your company )
- Attend the audit ( as your expert consultant ) or make the desktop submission.
- Make any corrections that the auditor may highlight to ensure that you obtain your accreditation the first audit.
Initially, we need to talk to you to carry out the free gap analysis. Afterwards, we would require you to forward all the relevant documents. After that, we can complete the work with the minimum of your input, leaving you to concentrate on doing what you do best for the company.
Yes! Let us Manage your Accreditations with Ongoing Support and Maintenance. With us managing your accreditations, your team can then focus on business growth and development. This gives you peace of mind knowing your compliance is being routinely managed by professionals. Ongoing support and maintenance avoids panic in your business when suddenly faced with an audit, knowing at all times you are well prepared.
Achieve Accreditation and Compliance with JVR
JVR Consultancy was formed in the year 2008. We noticed that there was a gap in the market, for companies who work in the construction, rail, utilities, oil and gas sector who were not fully supported in the way that they could be when it came to industry compliance and certification. That is why our highly experienced team of compliance consultants can serve these sectors by providing over 135 years of combined experience with all compliance needs. In short, you won’t find anyone else who cares as much, or who tries as hard as we do.
Speak with one of our experienced consultants. At JVR, we know that time is precious, and you want the answers to your questions quickly. Once we speak with you for the first time over the phone, we need around 10 minutes to fully evaluate which accreditation you need support with and a brief introduction into you and your company.
Request your Gap Analysis Report
Our consultants have an extensive level of experience in developing solutions for our clients. We offer a free GAP analysis, which will help to assess the difference between your business performance and your business goals. It’s a fantastic way for you to find out if your business needs are met, and if they aren’t, it gives you the insight you need. Learning more about what is Gap Analysis and how will the report benefit you.
With a success rate of 100% and a team who will go above and beyond to make sure that your expectations are met, you know that you can trust in us to provide you with the knowledge, resources and expertise you need to make a difference. Contact us today to find out more.
To identify the objectives that are needed to achieve your desired certification, we offer a FREE, no-obligation Gap Analysis. Our analysis will assess your current systems and documentation. Just start the process by filling in the form below, and one of our specialists will contact you (typically within one working day) to make arrangements.
Get FAST TRACK Audit Support with JVR Consultancy Today. Click here to find out more.
Let us Manage your Accreditations with Ongoing Support and Maintenance. Click here to find out more.