Consultancy is a popular option for businesses who could use some short-term expertise in a particular area, without wishing to take on the commitment of an additional staff member. Consultancy offers an affordable way of benefiting from senior-level expertise for a competitive price. Flexible and versatile, no matter what the issue may be, a consultant can frequently be the person to find solutions!
A common question which clients have when considering hiring consultancy input is whether to opt for business consulting or management consulting. Although there are similarities and overlaps between the two roles, they are different.
Read on to discover what business consulting and management consulting consists of, as well as which might be best for what you’ve got in mind. JVR Consultancy has talented individuals who can deliver both consultancy styles, ensuring you get holistic assistance which gives you the outcomes you’re looking for.
Although some people use the terms ‘business consulting’ and ‘management consulting’ interchangeably, it tends to be the case that business consulting relates to business processes (which might include production, HR, finance or buildings maintenance), whereas management consulting will focus on people and the less quantifiable parts of the business (for example, culture, vision, strategic objectives, delivering change, forward planning, managing expansion and growth).
Some of the key characteristics of business consulting are:
- Business consulting is often used during the early phases of a business start-up, or when a period of growth is planned. A business consultant can make sure that the right processes are in place to enable a company to work effectively, legally and in an organised manner. When growth is taking place, a business consultant can assist the organisation in developing the capacity needed to deliver it effectively.
- Consultants delivering business consultancy frequently have particular expertise at an operational level, as well as a significant degree of technical knowledge. This means the assistance they give is tailored to the needs of each business.
- Business consultants are able to provide an objective appraisal of the current systems, then come up with ways of improving them, often without spending significantly more. If you need an individual to check your Health & Safety compliance, ensure that your systems are capable of handling Data Protection correctly or that your marketing is as good as it possibly can be, a business consultant can make it happen.
- Business consultants may also tend to work with business owners rather than senior managers. They bring a broad, well-informed view of the market and external variables, enabling them to advise owners on what direction might yield the biggest profits.
Management consultants often work with the senior management team, helping them to plan the future of the organisation and work out how to keep core values intact, despite expansion and change. There is frequently a significant strategic planning element to the work of management consultants. They may assist in developing strategy at the corporate level, or simply developing a strategy for the delivery of a particular project.
Some key characteristics of management consultants include:
- They often play a key role in risk management. Whilst there is a need to reduce risk at an operational level, management consultants will tend to concentrate on the risks a business might face at a corporate level. They assist senior managers in identifying and managing risk, helping to equip the business with the resilience it needs to survive.
- These consultants often have a training and/or coaching role during their time with an organisation. This may involve working with individual managers or entire workplace teams. Particularly when an organisation is attempting to embed a new culture or way of working, management consultants will frequently facilitate a suitable training plan to ensure everyone ends up on the same page.
- Although it’s not an absolute, management consultants tend to work with larger organisations. This is usually because steering a larger company is a more complex, multi-faceted task than managing a smaller business. Larger organisations may also feel they need more assistance to embed new systems and processes. These may require significant investment, so being certain they’re fit for purpose is a priority!
Although there are differences between business consulting and management consulting, it’s perfectly possible for a business to need elements of both roles in the work they require. JVR consulting are able to tailor what they do to match client needs. Whatever outcomes you need to see from the process, we will provide the input you need to build capacity in order to achieve your goals. Get in touch to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions from our Customers
Yes we can, we can assist you with any of the accreditation featured on our website. We have a 100% record of securing any of the accreditation in the first audit for all our customers for the last 13 years.
More to the point, I ask clients how quickly can you start. We can have a consultant working on your accreditation within the hour if you are ready. The only things that take time are the audit dates, these are issued to the client by the certification body so it is out of our control.
This depends on how much the client has in place already. The more they have, the easier it becomes to work on their accreditation. The gap analysis that we carry out is free of charge and afterwards will give you an exact fixed price.
The fixed price will include the following –
- Carry out all the work ( creating documents & processes tailored to your company )
- Attend the audit ( as your expert consultant ) or make the desktop submission.
- Make any corrections that the auditor may highlight to ensure that you obtain your accreditation the first audit.
Initially, we need to talk to you to carry out the free gap analysis. Afterwards, we would require you to forward all the relevant documents. After that, we can complete the work with the minimum of your input, leaving you to concentrate on doing what you do best for the company.
Yes! Let us Manage your Accreditations with Ongoing Support and Maintenance. With us managing your accreditations, your team can then focus on business growth and development. This gives you peace of mind knowing your compliance is being routinely managed by professionals. Ongoing support and maintenance avoids panic in your business when suddenly faced with an audit, knowing at all times you are well prepared.
Achieve Accreditation and Compliance with JVR
JVR Consultancy was formed in the year 2008 and their head office is based in Windsor and Maidenhead. We noticed that there was a gap in the market, for companies who work in the construction, rail, utilities, oil and gas sector who were not fully supported in the way that they could be when it came to industry compliance and certification. That is why our highly experienced team of compliance consultants can serve these sectors by providing over 135 years of combined experience with all compliance needs. In short, you won’t find anyone else who cares as much, or who tries as hard as we do.
Speak with one of our experienced consultants. At JVR, we know that time is precious, and you want the answers to your questions quickly, especially during an audit!. Once we speak with you for the first time over the phone, we need around 10 minutes to fully evaluate which accreditation you need support with and a brief introduction into you and your company.
Managing Director at JVR Consultancy, Steven Sandhu, is passionate and committed to supporting his clients within their chosen Compliance accreditation. With over 15 years of experience across multiple compliance industries, Steven prides himself on delivering 100% accreditation success for his clients, mixed with a passion for providing excellence by understanding the goals and the needs of his clients’ businesses. All this, combined with his strong breadth of skills and knowledge by routinely researching industry requirements changes and introducing new regulated requirements
Our consultants have an extensive level of experience in developing solutions and offering guidance for our clients and their businesses. We offer a free GAP analysis, which will help to assess the difference between your business performance and your goals. It’s a fantastic way for you to find out if your business needs are met, and if they aren’t, it gives you the insight and confidence you need to deliver improvement before an audit. Learning more about what is Gap Analysis and how will the report benefit you.
With a success rate of 100% and a team who will go above and beyond to make sure that your expectations are met, you know that you can trust in us to provide you with the knowledge, resources and expertise you need to make a difference. Contact us today to find out more.
To identify the objectives and benefits that are needed to achieve your desired level of compliance, we offer a FREE, no-obligation Gap Analysis. Our analysis will assess your current systems and documentation. Just start your journey by filling in the form below, and one of our specialists will contact you (typically within one working day) to make arrangements.
Get FAST TRACK Audit Support with JVR Consultancy Today. Click here to find out more.