Established in 2002, Linbrooke is renowned for delivering outstanding mission-critical solutions in telecoms, power and signalling – predominantly in Rail, Utilities and Subsea environments.
Linbrooke Services Ltd provide high quality Telecommunications, Security, Power and Civil Engineering solutions to the Rail Industry. The purpose of this role is to Manage and Direct all Project Management activities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Forecast and plan Project Management resources
- Ensure that sufficient Project Managers are available
- Ensure that Project Managers and Delivery Engineers are allocated to project teams as required
- Manage training to meet overall Project Management resource requirements
- Manage recruitment to meet overall Project Management resource requirements
- Ensure that all line management and project specific responsibilities are defined and understood
- Manage the overall costs of projects
- Arrange monthly project reviews to review cost vs sales
- Identify project ‘issues’
- Arrange for the implementation of corrective actions to improve the performance of projects
- Assist the business development team as required
- Assist with Bids and Tenders as required
- Participate in staff appraisals as required
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Support specific business initiatives as required
- with respect to individual projects
- Work closely with customers to understand the requirements of individual projects, developing effective working relationships
- Defining the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the project and manage their development and delivery
- Ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements of Linbrooke Services
- Manage project change and its potential impact on programme, cost and resources
- Estimate and plan projects from conception to completion and consider appropriate contingencies
- Manage, monitor and motivate the cross functional team assigned to the project
- Manage and monitor the project plan to ensure successful completion of planned activities and delivery of the project to schedule
- Conduct project reviews, presentation and provide timely project reporting
- Identify potential problems at an early stage and implement effective contingencies.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCE
- Chartered Engineer and Member of an appropriate professional institution eg. IRSE or alternative relevant experience
- Promote personal and corporate involvement in professional organisations such as the APM, IET and IRSE
- A proven track record of delivering telecommunications projects within the railway environment
- Team management experience comfortable with matrix management of project teams up to 20 staff
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Experience of the whole project lifecycle
- Thorough knowledge of planning software such as Primavera P6
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to have a strong impact and to influence key decisions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.