About Network Rail…
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail – Europe’s largest civil engineering project – to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we’re involved in some of the most forward-thinking and state of the art ventures that this country has ever seen.
This opportunity sits within Supply Chain Operations, a newly formed division of Route Services that procures safe, balanced, products and services that are in turn used to improve and enhance the rail infrastructure across Britain. Our aim is to deliver excellent value and service to our customers, helping the rail industry to work together to deliver a more cost-effective railway.
Supply Chain Operations
Our extensive supply chain network plays a crucial role in helping to run a safe and efficient railway.
· We buy and deliver 2,000km of rail and 2.5 million tonnes of ballast.
· We operate 1,200 rail vehicles.
· Our Mechanical and electrical locking fitters maintain 468 signal boxes and 387 ground frames
· Operational property helpdesk process over 200,000 calls.
Behind the scenes we:
· Process £7,000,000,000 of payments.
· Handle over 23,000 IT helpdesk calls.
· Make sure everyone’s wages are paid on time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.